The Francis Bacon MB Art Foundation would especially like to thank the following institutions for their contributions to our website:
- The Estate of Francis Bacon
- Marlborough Fine Art
- Tate Britain
- Sotheby’s, the Cecil Beaton Studio Archive
- Edward Quinn Archive Ltd.
- The John Deakin Archive / The James Moore Collection
- Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson
- The Peter Beard Studio
- Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Collection France Mazin Fernandez
- Monte-Carlo SBM
- Mairie de Monaco / Médiathèque communale
- Archives du Palais Princier de Monaco
- Archives du Musée Cantini, Marseille
- Éditions Gilletta • Nice-Matin
- Galerie Maeght Paris
- The E.O. Hoppé Estate Collection
- Escudo de Oro & Molipor
- Whitford Fine Art London
- Wylie Agency (UK) Limited
The Foundation would like to extend its profound thanks to the following scholars, collaborators, photographers and friends for their valuable contribution and support:
Brian Clarke, Elizabeth Beatty, Ben Harrison, Martin Harrison, Amanda Harrison, Norma Johnson, Rebecca Daniels, Eddy Batache, Reinhard Hassert, Brett Harrison, Peter Beard, David Bailey, Anthony Bond, Gilbert Lloyd, John Minihan, André Morain, Michel Nguyen, Carlos Freire, Phil Hill, Claude Valion, G.P. Ferreyrolles, Ida Kar, Perry Ogden, Paul Rousseau, Wolfgang Frei, Cathy Cunliffe, Rosie Bernard, Mme Bergonzi, Michael R. Hewett, Tony Applewhite, Caroline de Mestre Walker, Caroline Cros, Carrie Pilto, Margarita Cappock, Clare Shenstone, Katharina Guenther, James Birch, Jane Birkin, Maggi Hambling, John Pelling, the late Dr Paul Brass and Bréon Rydell.
Finally, the Founder wishes to express his utmost gratitude to Anthony Banks, Paul Wreford-Brown, Alex Wren, Garry Scott-Irvine, Cécilia Auber, Aurélie Valion, Vanessa Tubino, Liane Jones and Carine Eckert for their essential contribution to the design and development of this website.
The background music, Chopin’s Nocturne Op. 9 no.1, comes from Bacon’s private music collection, which was found in his studio at 7 Reece Mews, London.
Francis Bacon in his Reece Mews studio (1977)
Photo: Jesse A. Fernandez / © Estate Jesse A. Fernandez
MB Art Collection